So, you have made the decision to get started exercising. Congratulations, that's a big first step. But, have you decided how you are going to begin your exercise routine? Will you be joining a gym or health club or will you be working out at home? Which is best? With all the differences it can sometimes get confusing, so let's take a quick look.
Exercise At Home
No doubt, exercising at home offers up several distinct benefits.
- You can exercise when it's convenient for you. There is no having to go work out during a certain set of hours.
- It's less expensive. Health club membership can get expensive in a hurry. Add in the high price of gas and you can spend a nice chunk of change every month.
- You are exercising by yourself and not in front of a large group of people. You don't have to be concerned with how you look.
- You do not have to wait on someone to finish using a machine before you can get on it.
Exercising At The Gym
Going to the gym or health club also has its share of positive benefits as well.
- The selection of weights and equipment is enormous. You'll find the newest work-out machines.
- You'll have a wide variety of ways to exercise. From swimming in the pool, to playing basketball in the gym, a club offers up a variety that is hard to find at home.
- A club will have various types of exercise classes you can join and stay motivated. It's also a great opportunity to meet new people and have some fun.
As you can see, there are numerous advantages to exercising at home or the gym. There is no best one. The best advice is to sit down and make your own list of pros and cons that affect you personally and then come to a good decision based on your answers. Either way, the key is to simply get started.