Fire ravages compound in Fula Bantang

Thursday, April 26, 2007
A serious fire disaster last Saturday night burnt into ashes a compound belonging to one Gibbie Camara in Fullabantang.

However, no life was lost as nobody was inside the house at the time of the incident.

Speaking to the Daily Observer at the scene, Mr Gibbie Camara, the compound owner, who is also an eye-witness said the fire incident emanated from a hot cooking oil. He explained “when the oil got over-heated, it caused the serious fire outbreak”.

Mr Camara asserted that frantic efforts were made by the neighbours to put off the fire, but before they could overcome it, all the items in the houses were perished in the fire. According to him, the damages caused by the fire is valued at more than D85,000 as his foodstuffs, furniture and even his motor bicycle and other valuable items were all burnt by the fire.

Mr Camara then appealed to the government, philanthropists, and other civil organisations to assist him as he is currently rendered homeless by the fire outbreakl.

Anyone wishing to assist Gibbie Camara can contact him on 9822071.
Author: Written by Abdou Rahman Sallah
Source: The Daily Observer